Saturday, December 05, 2009

Dave surprised me on Thursday evening by coming up for the weekend. I was not expecting it at all, and it was a great surprise to me. He wasn't supposed to come up until next weekend, for Jaymie's wedding, but he and Kenny were able to come up for four nights, so it made it worth their while driving. I don't always like surprises, but this was an exception. : )
One week before Jaymie's wedding. I'm a bride's maid (again) and I am finding myself hoping (again) that the wive's tale really is just that. I told her she had to toss the bouquet directly at my head.
Had the Soldier's appreciation dinner yesterday, and then Wo Harmon, Sgt Chevrier, Simon and Tracy came over to visit with Dave and I. I am a bit foggy on the details, but Dave took excellent care of me, and I feel much better today.
Today itself has been quiet. We were going to go to the mall but decided to ditch that plan when Szikora adn Jeff were not able to meet us out for coffee, and so instead stayed in. We played some video games and watched parts of The Stand and True Blood, and ate left-over Chinese food from last night. All in all a good day if a bit quiet. I love spending soft quiet time with Dave, and this was a good day for it, with the sky threatening snow all day which finally started falling a few hours ago. Off for now, I have more than a full day to enjoy with Dave, as he does not go back to Greenwood until Monday morning bright and early.

No comments: